Pantogam syrup 10% 100ml
All payments are encrypted via SSL
Full Refund if you haven't received your order
hopantenic acid (acidum hopantenicum)
(R) -4 - [(2,4-Dihydroxy-3,3-dimethylbutyril) amino] butyrat Calcium (2: 1) Dosage form:
100 ml of the preparation contain: active ingredient: calcium hopantenate (Pantogam&№174;) 10.0 g; excipients: glycerol (in terms of 100%) 25.8 g, sorbitol 15.0 g, citric acid monohydrate 0.1 g, sodium benzoate 0.1 g, aspartame 0.05 g, food flavoring “Cherry 667” 0, 01 g, purified water - up to 100 ml.
The spectrum of action of pantogam is associated with the presence of gamma-aminobutyric acid in its structure. The mechanism of action is due to the direct influence of pantogam on the GABCR - receptor-channel complex. The drug has a nootropic and anticonvulsant action. Pantogam increases the resistance of the brain to hypoxia and the effects of toxic substances, stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, combines a moderate sedative effect with a mild stimulating effect, reduces motor excitability, and activates mental and physical performance. Improves GABA metabolism in chronic alcohol intoxication and after the abolition of ethanol. Able to inhibit acetylation reactions involved in the inactivation mechanisms of Novocaine and sulfonamides, which results in a prolonged action of the latter. It causes inhibition of the pathologically increased gallbladder reflex and detrusor tone.
Pantogam is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, penetrates the blood-brain barrier, the highest concentrations are created in the liver, kidneys, in the wall of the stomach and skin. The drug is not metabolized and excreted unchanged within 48 hours: 67.5% of the dose taken is excreted by the kidneys, 28.5% is excreted in the feces.
Indications and usage
- children with perinatal encephalopathy from the first days of life;
- various forms of cerebral palsy;
- mental retardation of varying severity, including behavioral disorders;
- violations of the psychological status of children in the form of a general mental retardation, specific speech disorders, motor functions and their combination, the formation of school skills (reading, writing, counting, etc.);
- hyperkinetic disorders, including attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome;
- neurosis-like states (with stuttering, predominantly clonic form, tics, inorganic encopresis and enuresis);
- reduction of mnestic-intellectual productivity due to arteriosclerotic changes in brain vessels, with initial forms of senile dementia, organic brain lesions of traumatic, toxic, neuroinfectious genesis;
- schizophrenia with cerebral organic deficiency (in combination with psychotropic drugs);
- extrapyramidal disorders in organic brain diseases (myoclonus epilepsy, Huntington’s chorea, hepatolenticular degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, etc.), as well as for the treatment and prevention of extrapyramidal syndrome caused by the administration of neuroleptics;
- epilepsy with delayed mental processes and reduced cognitive performance in conjunction with anticonvulsants;
- psycho-emotional overload, reduced mental and physical performance, to improve concentration and memorization;
- neurogenic urination disorders (pollakiuria, urgency, imperative urinary incontinence).
Hypersensitivity to the drug, acute severe kidney disease, pregnancy (1 trimester), phenylketonuria (syrup contains aspartame).
Pantogam syrup 100 mg / ml is taken orally 15-30 minutes after a meal. A single dose for adults is usually 2.5 - 10 ml (0.25 - 1 g), for children - 2.5 - 5 ml (0.25 - 0.5 g); the daily dose for adults is 15-30 ml (1.5 - 3 g), for children - 7.5 - 30 ml (0.75 - 3 g). The course of treatment is 1 - 4 months, sometimes up to 6 months. After 3 - 6 months, it is possible to repeat the course of treatment. Depending on the age and pathology of the nervous system, the following dose range is recommended for children: children of the first year - 5 - 10 ml (0.5 - 1 g) per day, up to 3 years - 5 - 12.5 ml (0.5 - 1.25 g) per day, for children from 3 to 7 years old - 7.5-15 ml (0.75 - 1.5 g), older than 7 years old - 10 - 20 ml (1 - 2 g).The treatment tactics involves increasing the dose within 7 to 12 days, taking the maximum dose for 15 to 40 days or more, with a gradual decrease in dose until withdrawal within 7 to 8 days. The course of treatment is 30 - 90 days (for certain diseases up to 6 months or more).
With schizophrenia in combination with psychotropic drugs - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 g) per day. The course of therapy is from 1 to 3 months. With epilepsy in combination with anticonvulsants - in a dose of 7.5 to 10 ml (0.75 - 1 g) per day. The course of therapy is up to 1 year or more. In neuroleptic syndrome, accompanied by extrapyramidal disorders, the daily dose is up to 30 ml (up to 3 g), treatment for several months. When extrapyramidal hyperkinesis in patients with organic diseases of the nervous system - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 g) per day. The course of treatment is up to 4 months or more.
With the consequences of neuroinfections and head injuries - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 g) per day. 5 To restore performance at increased loads and asthenic conditions, pantogs are prescribed 2.5 to 5 ml (0.25-0.5 g) 3 times a day. In children with urination disorders, 2.5 to 5 ml each (0.25 to 0.5 g), the daily dose is 25 to 50 mg / kg, the course of treatment is 1 to 3 months; adults, 5 to 10 ml (0.5 to 1 g), 2 to 3 times a day.
In conditions of long-term treatment, simultaneous administration of the drug with other nootropic and stimulating agents is not recommended. Taking into account the nootropic effect of the drug, its administration is preferably carried out in the morning and afternoon hours.
Strengthening the symptoms of side effects (sleep disturbance or drowsiness, noise in the head). Treatment: Activated carbon, gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy.
Store in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. After opening store in the refrigerator no more than 1 month. Keep out of the reach of children.